They say that in moments of crisis, it’s shocking what the human body can do when adrenaline is released. That might be what allowed 19-year-old Charlotte Heffelmire to save her father’s life, after he was accidentally pinned beneath his truck. Eric Heffelmire was working on his truck in the garage when the tire jack slipped and the worst case scenario unfolded. “The minute the jack slipped, there was an almost instantaneous, real strong smell of gasoline, and then just, whoosh!” he said in an interview. Within moments, the propane tanks in the garage had caught fire. He struggled for 10 minutes to get out from under the truck, but he realized that he simply couldn’t get out on his own. Luckily, that’s when his daughter showed up.
Teen Girl Lifts A Burning Truck To Save Her Dad, Then Saved Her Entire Family. April 1, 2023